My fiancé is probably the least picky eater that I know. He’s always game to try anything, and he goes out of his way to choose the selections at restaurants that I would typically avoid (i.e. the lamb testicles that he ordered at Holeman and Finch the last time we were in Atlanta). That being said, he is also the worst about having favorites and requesting them all the time. I’ve probably eaten months worth of homemade spaghetti at this point in our relationship, but one thing that I’ve (surprisingly) never had before is his favorite cinnamon loaf cake. This morning we got the recipe from his mom, and he took me through the super easy steps. Are you ready to make the simplest, most moist loaf cake you’ve ever had in your life? (Full disclosure: This recipe makes two loaves… and there’s only one left in my pantry!)
CINNAMON LOAF CAKE
Prep time: 10 minutes – Cook time: 35-40 minutes
1 box of yellow cake mix with pudding (I live for Pillsbury Moist Supreme!)
3/4 cup oil
3/4 cup water
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup sugar
3 tbsp ground cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
3. In a separate bowl, stir together the sugar and cinnamon.
4. Pour half of the batter evenly between two greased 8″ x 3/4″ loaf pans.
6. Pour the remaining batter evenly into loaf pans and sprinkle the rest of the sugar mixture over the top. (You may have to use a spoon to gently pull the batter toward the edges of the pan, but don’t worry too much about it. It will even out in the oven, and either way, it tastes delicious!)
7. Now here’s the fun part: using a knife, gently slice through the batter to create swirls of cinnamon sugar. (Spencer went a little industrial with his perfectly spaced, rectangular cuts; feel free to get creative with it!)
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.