First of all, thank you so much to everyone who responded to my 2+2=4 post! You did wonders for my blogging confidence level, and I couldn’t appreciate it more.
Oh, and michaeljferrians was right; I was a child bumblebee smasher, and I did have the amazing opportunity of singing in the Vatican!
Tomorrow is my twenty-third birthday, which means that 1. this year has gone by way too quickly, and 2. I have less than fourteen hours to listen to Taylor Swift’s “22” before it ceases to have the same meaning for me. Challenge accepted!
All kidding aside, this year has been absolutely fantastic. I’m not sure I can claim that it’s been “the best year so far” because I hope that every year will be better than the last, but I can say with decent certainty that it takes the cake for most changes within one twelve month period. Twenty-two has been the year of big, life-altering moments.
Care to stroll down memory lane with me in a little birthday recap? At twenty-two years of age, I…
- got engaged to the most handsome aerospace engineer the world has ever seen
- attended the first wedding of two people from my age group
- completed an honors thesis on Irish drama that surpassed the length of anything I had ever written
- said goodbye to my favorite tv series ever, How I Met Your Mother
- graduated magna cum laude from a wonderful liberal arts school in Virginia
- vacationed in the Bahamas with the future in-laws
- left Georgia behind for Ohio and the joys of the Queen City
- moved out of a house full of girls and into an apartment with a boy and a cat
- lived the unemployed life for a summer during which I rediscovered Will & Grace
- started this blog!
- dedicated myself to living a healthier lifestyle with lots of Greek yogurt and 4-5 days of cardio a week
- landed my first real job with a legitimate (and amazing) company
- bought a car
- attended a professional conference with members of my work group
- learned invaluable things about who I am, what I stand for, and where I’m going!
Twenty-two has been pretty fantastic. I hope you’ll all stick around for twenty-three!