Before I begin, I’d like to send a big thank you to Tansy at CritLiterature for nominating me for the Liebster Award! My initial blog was nominated for a Liebster Award, which is a blog award specifically for blog with less than 200 followers, but I never got around to accepting it, so I am happy to do so today! To accept the award, I have to answer 11 questions about myself and nominate 11 other new-ish bloggers to do the same. Here we go!
1. How did you decide on the title of your blog, and what’s it about?
An Aspiring Heroine came about when a) I decided to make the switch to self-hosted, and b) I realized that naming my blog after the first apartment that my husband and I shared was less-than-sustainable. I struggled for weeks trying to find a name that I wouldn’t get tired of the next day, and inspiration finally hit when we were in Paris on our honeymoon! An Aspiring Heroine seemed like the perfect name for a blog that was part-literature, part-twenty-something life, and I love it to this day.
2. Can you give 11 random facts about yourself?
- I sing in the car on my way home from work. And in the shower. And anywhere that singing aloud is socially acceptable.
- I desperately want to take a cross-country road trip.
- On rainy days like today, I miss Ireland.
- I am an avid rereader.
- I was a proud member of Pi Beta Phi in college.
- In elementary school, I wanted to be a writer for National Geographic.
- I could eat peanut butter on practically everything, but especially Oreos and apples.
- I have always wanted a Pembroke Welsh Corgi puppy.
- I’m typically too short for regular length pants and too tall for short length pants, which is both sad and troublesome.
- My dream home would be an old Georgian home that had been fully renovated on the inside.
- My eyes are hazel-colored with bits of green, brown, and gold.
3. What is something you’ve been loving lately?
The nice weather! Even when it rained buckets two weeks ago, I was glad to be rid of the snowy winter.
4. What is it you most love about blogging?
What’s not to love? I think most of all I enjoy having an excuse to write regularly.
5. If you had three wishes, what would they be?
That my hair would wait at least another decade before succumbing to the family curse, that despite saving like mad we would take a vacation this summer, and that I could read even faster than I already can (so many books, so little time)
6. Where does your blog inspiration come from?
Honestly? Everywhere—books I read, people I meet, things I Pin. Lately I’ve been trying to read more new-to-me blogs, and that has also started to shape the posts that I write.
7. What is one country in the world you would like to visit? Why?
Greece. I’m such a history nerd, and Athens is pretty much where modern culture began. I would love to spend a few days soaking up sunshine and exploring the ruins.
8. If you have kids or pets, tell me about your babies.
Anyone can tell you that my baby is a fur baby, and her name is Zoey. She’s written her own post here, but here’s a quick introduction: Zoey is a nearly three-year-old orange furball with a hyperactive tail and a snarky personality. She sheds everywhere, she never lets us sleep, and she somehow also convinces us to keep her around.
9. A long-lost relative leaves you a large sum of money. What do you do with it?
Easy! Take a year off and write a book.
10. What is something you do when you need to take time for yourself?
My mom really influenced this one. Whenever I need to be alone for a minute and breathe, I get in the car, drive to the nearest Starbucks, Panera Bread, etc., and buy myself a coffee. I’m a people watcher, and there’s nothing better than commandeering a corner of a cafe and getting lost in the everyday lives of people around me. Malls and airports work great, too.
11. Where do you see yourself in five years’ time?
Doing a lot of the same thing–perhaps with a more established job title, a bigger living space, and about a million more blog followers! 🙂
Now for my nominees for the Liebster Award…
- Sarah at The Music of What Happens
- Brittany at The Nested Nomad
- Ana Luiza at Evergreen, Evergrey, Everyday
- Kate at A Thought and a Half
- Amanda at The Executive Assistant’s Guide to Life
- Kayla at Gen Y Girl
- Laura at Cook, Wine, and Thinker!
- Natasha at Heart of the Woods
- Michelle Anneliese at Look Through My Lens
- Elizabeth at This Savvy Life
- Sarah at Sometimes Photojenik
Congratulations, and thanks for having such great blogs to follow! Here’s what you need to do to accept your award:
- Answer the eleven questions that I’ve included below. Please comment on this post with your link when you’re done, so I can see your answers!
- In your post, link back to the person/blog who nominated you and give a little thank you shout out.
- After completing the questions, nominate eleven bloggers with under 200 followers using whichever social media platform you prefer, and give them eleven questions of your choice.
- Notify your nominees of their nomination, and provide a link to your post so that they know what to do.
And your questions are…
- If you could live in any other country except the one you are from, which would you choose?
- Where did the name of your blog come from?
- What would be your dream job?
- Where is your favorite place to write?
- How old were you when you started your first job, and what did you do?
- What is the most important thing new readers should know about your blog?
- Do you have any pets? If so, tell us about them.
- Where do you find your blogging inspiration?
- Where are you going on your next vacation?
- What is your favorite thing about blogging?
- Tell us 11 random facts about yourself.
Thanks again to Tansy for the nomination! I love these warm and fuzzy blogger feelings.