About the Heroine
I'm Tyler Hyde, the creator of and voice behind An Aspiring Heroine.
I started this blog back in 2014 when I had just graduated from college and my now-husband and I moved from our home state of Georgia to Cincinnati. Back then it was a jumble of thoughts about moving to a new city, getting married and finding a job.
Now it's a space for me to share everything I'm experiencing on my journey to become the heroine of my own story. Sometimes that's being a full-time social media/marketing pro for an educational organization. Other times, it's life as an after-hours blogger, content creator, and writer of speculative fiction. Or it's the places I'm visiting and the books I'm reading.
No matter what, I'm always striving toward becoming a heroine worthy of my bookshelf, living authentically and confidently in my own skin as a nerdy, feminist millennial.
Sound like your cup of tea? Because I can make a mean cup of tea, so you should probably sign up for my monthly newsletter!
What You Really Want to Know
- Star Sign: Libra
- Myers-Briggs Type: ESFJ
- DiSC Style: Si
- Enneagram: 1w2
- Hogwarts House: Ravenclaw
- Patronus: Badger
- Love Language: Words of affirmation
A Little More About Me
- I'm a Ravenclaw who married her Slytherin high school sweetheart on 12/13/14.
- I studied abroad in Ireland during my sophomore year of college, and if I ever get kicked out of the U.S., I'll live the rest of my days on the Dingle Peninsula.
- The orange menace in the majority of my Instagram posts is our six-year-old cat, Zoey.
- I'll consume anything infused with earl grey tea—macarons, lattes, shortbread, you name it!
- Oh, and did I mention I'm writing a book?