About the Heroine
I’m Tyler Hyde, the creator of and voice behind An Aspiring Heroine.
I started this blog back in 2014 when I had just graduated from college and my now-husband and I moved from our home state of Georgia to Cincinnati. Back then it was a jumble of thoughts about moving to a new city, getting married and finding a job.
Now it’s a space for me to share everything I’m learning about being a writer. That’s right, I’m a writer. I write on buses and during my lunch break. I write fantasy, historical fiction, and sci-fi. I haven’t published my novel yet, but that doesn’t mean I’m not a writer. (Sometimes that’s hard to own, right? Being a writer without having checked all those boxes? I get that.)
Two weeks a month, I blog about writing: the tools I’m using, the goals I’ve set for myself, insights into the different stages of the writing process. You name it, I’m going through it and therefore writing about it. And then the other weeks I write about the things that inspire my writing: books, travel, and my life!
No matter what, I’m always striving toward becoming the heroine of my own story, a lofty aspiration I’m hoping we can reach together.
Sound like your cup of tea? (Mmmmm, tea.)
A little more about me…
- I’m a Ravenclaw who married her Slytherin high school sweetheart on 12/13/14.
- By day, I create and manage social media for an awesome educational organization.
- I studied abroad in Ireland during my sophomore year of college, and if I ever get kicked out of the U.S., I’ll live the rest of my days on the Dingle Peninsula.
- The orange menace in the majority of my Instagram posts is our five-year-old cat, Zoey.
- I’m on a journey to embrace my inner yogi and get my downward dog on every day in 2018.
- I’ll consume anything infused with earl grey tea–macarons, lattes, shortbread, you name it!
- Oh, and did I mention I’m writing a book?