Today I had planned to write all about the wonderful time that I had at the American Copy Editors Society’s “Editing Boot Camp” in Pittsburgh on Monday. However, I have been fortunate enough to be nominated for a few exciting awards for new bloggers, and I wanted to share them with you!
First of all, I want to thank Deborah from Notes Tied On The Sagebrush and Wendy from Bookish Hijinx For Fun and Profit for nominating me for the One Lovely Blog award! I am seriously loving this blogging community. Writing of any kind can feel like such a solitary thing, but since I’ve been involved in the Blogging 101 course, I feel like I’m surrounded by such great, interesting, supportive bloggers!
Now here’s a little information about the award:
The One Lovely Blog Award nominations are chosen by fellow bloggers for those newer and up-and-coming bloggers. The goal is to help give recognition and also to help the new blogger to reach more viewers. It also recognizes blogs that are considered to be “lovely” by the fellow bloggers who choose them. This award recognizes bloggers who share their story or thoughts in a beautiful manner to connect with viewers and followers. In order to “accept” the award the nominated blogger must follow several guidelines:
- Thank the person who nominated you for the award.
- Add the One Lovely Blog logo to your post.
- Share 7 facts/or things about yourself
- Nominate 15 bloggers you admire and inform the nominees by commenting on their blog
Seven Facts About Me
- I work for the largest and longest-running educational program in the United States.
- My fiancé proposed at the top of Bromley Mountain while we were skiing.
- I’ve been a frequent flyer for as long as I can remember because my mother is a flight attendant!
- Nothing would make me happier to find in my Halloween basket than Reese’s Pieces and Take 5 Bars.
- I’m not a huge fan of art, but I love the Impressionists.
- I could eat soup for every meal and be content.
- Walt Disney World truly is the happiest place on earth, and I will be back there in 10 days!
- Of Ivory & Gold
- Candidly Bleu
- Adri Con Queso
- Living the Dream
- The Parks Department
- My Nuclear Kitchen
- Amber Amulets
- The Cupcake Mile
- Writer on the Rocks
- My Southern Finger
- The Burnt Cream Blog
- The Life & Times of LIS
- The Best Batch
- The Coffee Chronicles
- The Iron Pearl
I would definitely recommend checking out these awesome bloggers. If I do say so myself, this is one lovely list of blogs!