Spencer and I have called Cincinnati home for just over a year now! It still seems so crazy to not be Georgia residents anymore, but Cincinnati has truly grown on me. Plus we’re putting down pretty major roots with the whole “building a house” thing. That’d be a bit of a mistake if I wasn’t all gung-ho about Cincy! In honor of our year in the Queen City, here’s a list of my favorite reasons to love Cincinnati.
1. Cool breweries to hang out in (that also happen to brew some first-class beer! Hello, German influence)
2. A cheap, reliable, and environmentally friendly bus system
3. Oktoberfest Zinzinnati! the largest Oktoberfest celebration in the United States
4. The flying pig statues that show up in random places around downtown
5. The scenic Ohio River and the unique bridges that cross over it into Kentucky
6. The city hosts some awesome events, like the MLB All-Star Weekend that will be here until Tuesday.
7. Some of the best ice cream I’ve ever had — Graeter’s, UDF, and Hello Honey are among my favorite places!
8. All the distinct, little neighborhoods surrounding the city
9. Cincinnatians’ love for their baseball team! (Don’t worry, though, I haven’t succumbed to Reds mania.)
10. A huge and diverse network of free parks with bike trails, frisbee golf courses, and other outdoorsy activities
11. The Cincinnati Ballet, Symphony Orchestra, Shakespeare Company… all of the arts organizations!
12. Getting to experience four distinct seasons with everything from snow to scorching heat sans southern humidity
13. The friendly, welcoming people who love their city and want to share it with the world
14. How Cincinnati isn’t quite southern or northern, midwestern or eastern — it’s a unique mix of them all
15. You’re never too far from a fresh, warm pretzel and some beer cheese.
Because I obviously have my priorities straight… Thanks, Cincy, for being such a great little home away from home!