Because my body is finally feeling all the sleep deprivation from the weekend, and I’m experiencing a terrible case of the Mondays, I thought today would be a perfect time for a weekend recap. Of course, I would like to subtitle this edition of Weekend-at-a-Glance “As Told in Terrible Quality iPhone Photos” because I guess when you get five hours of sleep in 2 days, you forget that you charged your real camera especially for the weekend. C’est la vie.
1. Spencer and I went down to Atlanta this weekend for a
house apartment warming party for two of his friends from college, including that guy in the middle. The one with the tequila. Rest assured, that is not tequila in my classy red solo cup. I’m more a Patrón kind of girl.
2. The best part of the weekend was getting to hang out with friends that we hadn’t seen since our wedding, including (but not limited to) the ones in this picture. We dined, we drank, we stayed up into the wee hours of the morning to take someone to the airport. I’m paying for it now, but we had such a great weekend that I really can’t complain.
3. I’m not quite sure what there is to say about this photo, except that taking shots of white zin is even less appealing than it sounds.
4. I’m sure you can tell exactly what’s going on in this picture, but I’ll recap just in case. Since Marvel obviously rules our lives now, we had to go see Ant Man, and we were lucky enough to get discounted tickets to a showing at the AMC at Phipps Plaza. Spencer and I will be making the trek back down there any time we need to see a movie from now on because you just can’t go back from having a reserved recliner that completely folds out into a bed-like piece of comfy. You just can’t.
5. Now I know that there isn’t a fifth photo up there, but there would be if my dad and sister hadn’t jumped ship to the super cool new Samsung phone. Instead of getting to take a family selfie on my phone, we opted for the wide-shot selfie that Samsung boasts in all of its commercials, and I have to admit that it’s pretty incredible. So just imagine a picture of my immediate family plus me, Spencer, and my sister’s new boyfriend because that’s the one we took after meeting for brunch at Cracker Barrel.
I hope you all had equally fantastic weekends with better photographic evidence, and I’ll be back on Wednesday with a content-filled, photo-showcasing post like you haven’t seen in a week!
P.S. A big happy birthday shout out to my father-in-law who actually reads this blog now! I hope it’s filled with Cajun food and walks with Sweet Baby.